Literacy Committee Chair: Sharon Gilmore
Applications for the state award should be sent to:
108 Price Rd
Sicily Island, LA 71368
Here are other ideas for celebrating Literacy Week:
- Have a special in-school event.Invite people from government, businesses, education, and the media to participate.Invite adults involved in literacy programs to come and share what they do.
- Have older students make books that can be shared with younger students in their school or with disadvantaged students.
- Conduct a read-a-thon, with monies raised going to a literacy program.
- Have a “book drive” collecting books for disadvantaged children.Get local bookstores or libraries involved.
- Get the media involved.Invite them to your school to cover whatever activities you do.